Thursday, September 4, 2008

Restaurant Review: Nicks Riverwalk Restaurant


Nick’s Riverwalk Restaurant
323 Water Street,
Suite A-1PO Box 250
Yorktown, VA 23690
(757) 875-1522
I have had good and horrible experiences at Nick’s Riverwalk Restaurant. The very first time I went to the Riverwalk was to have lunch and I was sold on the place….my hubby and I sat in The Rivah Café and ordered off that particular menu. The menu was more like bar food…sandwiches to salads (pricing from $4.00 to $10.50). I had the crab cakes with collar greens and my partner had the special...trout sandwich, which were both fantastic and fulfilling. The customer service was suitable and the beer menu was extensive, from imports to micro-brews. After our first dinning experience at Nick’s Riverwalk Restaurant, well, I would recommend it to anyone and there brother….but my tune has changed since then. We have ventured back to the restaurant, but the food was lacking. For example, I ordered the lobster bisque and there was nothing lobster about it! The soup should be listed under tomato juice because it was cool with no lobster, cream or layers of flavor, so do not order it on a frigid autumn day because there will be no warming oneself up from this unpleasant soup, or should I say Gazpacho. The latest incident that ruffled my pantaloons was when I had a large group of family and friends visiting me….we went to the Riverwalk area to shop, dine, and wine. A few members of my party decided to go to Nick’s for a drink and then everyone else decided to the join the table after strolling on the beach. Well, to get to the point, Nick’s Riverwalk Restaurant refused, I mean 100% refused to put tables together on the patio in order for the entire party to sit together and be merry. The restaurant displayed NO CUSTOMER SERVICE and lost a large bill and gratuity because we took the business elsewhere. Nick’s Riverwalk Restaurant needs to learn how to cater to there customers, be professional, and understand how to please the individuals who are paying there bills! I will give Nick’s an umpteenth try again…..but my standards are high, hopefully the food and customer service has improved!
Rating Scale 1-10 (1 = poor, 10 = more then expected), I would rate Nick’s Riverwalk Restaurant as a 5 ½.

No comments: